Thursday, December 11, 2008

I am so touched by this man Dong Yoon. Less than 4 days ago his wife, 2 kids and mother in law were killed by the F/A-18D that crashed into his house while he was at work. Since then, he has shown unbelievable courage, grace, and an overall spiritual strength that is uncommon in most. At his family's memorial service last night, he wanted to make sure congregants prayed for the pilot, who was unhurt physically, and showed no anger or ill-will at the military training that goes on daily in University City(my hood). I would think it would be so difficult not to direct any anger at the ones that caused harm to his family. I personally feel he is right. This training has been going for decades without any incident. It was a terrible accident. Maybe we should impose a few more stringent flight restrictions, but I'm not sure I'd have the inner-strength to get hold of any anger or pain at such an early stage. To me, that's heroic.

No comments: