Sunday, April 26, 2009

SWINEFLU

Can someone up there in the heavens please give Mexico a little break. First, the global economy went into the tank keeping tourists and other business away, second, the drug war has kept even more people out, and now, to add the proverbial icing on the cake, we have the Swine Flu which will pretty much keep everyone out. I tell ya, if they make out of this doldrum in one piece, they should be the stronger for it. No one country deserves this, well, except maybe for Somalia.
I covered Day 2 of the outbreak in Tijuana and the word had barely gotten to the people. I only saw a Mom and her son wearing a mask, otherwise, most all of the farmacia workers wore them. I'm not so sure it was to protect them from the virus as to appear sanitary to their customers. I'm sure this will change as the story grows legs.

No comments: