Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Layers

Snapped this photo of my daughter the other day in my front yard while a nice rainbow appeared in back. I didn't think much about it until I was editing the photos and realized there were a few surprises that happened within the frame that were worth learning from. The light and contrasts were the first obvious gimme. Nice dark sky, vibrant colors that usually occur after a rainstorm. Second, the layers seemed to all gel together nicely. The front subject with my daughter, middle subject with my son running, and the rainbow in back give the image some dimension and depth.
I also kinda like the off-expression on her face because it gives it a snapshot quality which portrays a certain "slice of life" like quality. It's not a shot that would make it onto my portfolio but just a good growth shot.

1 comment:

Derek Dawson said...

Loveed reading this thank you