Monday, January 24, 2011

Imperial Valley (Cont.)











I've been continuing on a self-assigned photo essay on the Imperial Valley. It's a wonderfully gritty, dusty county 2 hours East of San Diego that happens to have the highest un-employment in the Nation(24%). It's an extremely hard story to tell because it's very spread out and there are not a lot of people, or people out and about. Just lots of driving around looking for interesting little tid-bits. I hooked up with a Pentecostal church that caters to ex-drug addicts and gang members. Otherwise there are lots of sheep, hay bales, tractors and abandoned farms and factories. I think I'm almost there but need to go back a few more times. I'd love to get any feedback on what might be missing or shots to keep in or edit out. Thanks for having a look.

No comments: