Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Diva in the House

I normally wouldn't post a mediocre shot of a celeb on this blog but I guess I'm just a sucker for cheap ratings. Just kidding, I wanted to make a point that being an A list celeb ain't what it's cracked up to be. Having obsessed, adoring, crazed fans, the paparazzi, security teams, publicists, and various other folks trailing you and watching every move you make 24 hours a day can really make a person become a bitter old pill. I spent about 1/2 hour with Christina Aguilera and her crew walking around a theme park the other day and came away feeling a bit sad for her. I mean, what a life, all these people wanting stuff from you all the time and you just want to spend a few hours with your kid without all the ruckus. As expected, she was, well, how should I say, not the most friendly, flattering person to be around. There was just something very lonely, depressing and a bit unnerving about seeing someone with all that fame and fortune and money who just didn't look happy. I'll take my mundane, poor, anonymous life any day over that.

No comments: