Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Truly an Immigrant Nation (for The Wall Street Journal)

Well, we all knew this day was coming, the amount of foreign born residents in America has tipped the 50% mark(50.4% to be exact). I'm sure this will give the Tea Party and Libertarian folks some nice, dry, gasoline-soaked wood to put in their ever-going fire. Ya know, so what, we're a nation of immigrants and I think it's cool having many different ethnicities. Makes life interesting and more important, gives us all kinds of great foodie options. I couldn't live without my Chinese, Thai, Greek, Indian, Mexican and even Iraqi cuisine. Life would be pretty dull without them. All joking aside, as bad as the economy gets, we will always be a magnet for people to come and make a better life for themselves and their families. I strongly believe that the majority of folks making the journey here have every intent to work hard and contribute to the American dream.

No comments: