Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Charger/Adoption 2014 Calendar

Here are a few shots from the Chargers/Foster and Adoptive Services Calendar for 2014. This is the 5th year I've shot this and it is still the most challenging and rewarding project I do all year.
One story that especially stands out was when I was about to photograph Chargers Center Nick Hardwick. He walked up and told me a beautiful story that almost had me in tears. He was at a charity function a few months back and a young man came up and said "Nick, do you remember me" Hardwick looked him over and said "sorry man I'm not sure we've met". The young man went on to tell him that he was featured on the calendar a few years back with him and that because of the calendar, he was adopted by a wonderful, loving family and was about to graduate High School and go onto college and was just so thankful he(Hardwick)had played a role him in getting adopted. I looked over, about to lose it, and Hardwick was just frozen with that Deer in the Headlights look and was just just speechless. It was a pretty touching moment and I'm psyched to be a part of this.
Merry Christmas all!! Hit me up if you want me to send you a calendar. For local San Diegan's, you can get a free copy at any Public Library.

No comments: