Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Dat Dem Debate

Covered the local color outside of the First Democratic debate in Las Vegas on Tuesday. I must say it was, how should I say, less angry than some of the rallies I've covered for that other party. Also, much more diverse as you could imagine.
Vegas is a funny place in many ways but what struck me was how a big, national news happening of this caliber just gets drowned-out by all the other hoopla going on there. In fact, stopped in at mini-mart about a block from the Wynn and asked the cashier where the big show was going on and she had no idea what I was talking about. I expected to see all kinds of fanfare going on along the Strip from Hillary/Marilyn Monroe characters to feel the Bern cocktail specials, etc.. but saw pretty much just a regular day with partiers and revelers doing their thing. I remember being here a week before the Mayweather fight and you couldn't get away from all the stuff going on.
I must admit it was kind of an odd fit for a Democratic debate local.
Anyway, it was nice to get out of the house and go do some street shooting. Thanks for stopping by

No comments: