Thursday, January 29, 2009

Freelancing can take a toll on the rise and fall of one's blood pressure in a big way. After a long, treacherous 2 weeks of waiting for the phone to ring, and pondering whether I made the right career choice(just a typical January)BAM!! 4 major assignments in one day hit me out of the blue. 1 magazine cover, 1 NY Times feature(on deadline), 1 military training exercise, at the far edge of Camp Pendleton, and 1 PR gig for San Diego State. It was a fun, crazy day but for some reason it pissed me off that it couldn't be a bit more spread out. Ask any freelance contractor in any line of work and they will tell you this is just the way it goes. I am actually convinced my phone will not ring unless I'm out of the house or at a movie. It's all sink or swim. Now back to my rest period.

No comments: