Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Carshotz

Every so often I get a call to do earnings report photos for car companies, food companies, banks, you name it. These are generally just quick daily stories that are old news the next day and usually do not lend themselves to good quality photos. Most of the time, you’ll just see a shot of a logo or food products sitting on racks in a grocery store. For me, I take these as a challenge and force myself to get something unique. Last week, I was assigned to shoot generic photos of car dealerships. As I was walking around an area with multiple dealerships, I stumbled upon this guy washing Ford trucks. It was backlit(of course) so I just rolled(no pun intended) with it and used the backlight to give the mist some glow. This won’t win the Pulitzer but it is a little different from the daily car sale offerings.

1 comment:

Daniel said...

Hey,

I had wondered, are those tasks the kinds of stuff you shots on a daily basis, and you post on your blog when you get something more interesting?