Saturday, July 14, 2012

Comic-Con 2012

This was the first year I took gigs at the Comic-Con away from the trade floor and was stuck in a room shooting celebs doing interviews. I have to say it was quite liberating not having to run around to all the movie/TV panels at Hall H, and having to fight my way way in and jostle with all the Paps(paparazzi). I did however manage to take a few little breaks here and there and go out and shoot some of the action outside of the convention center. Although Comic-Com is still a fantastic event, it has become so celebrity dominated that most of the work revolves around "the biz". What was once the realm of the news shooter has now been absorbed into the entertainment world. Anyway, I love seeing the energy it brings to San Diego and I especially dig seeing people's inner nerd on display.

No comments: